Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Reporting to the Housekeeping Manager, the Housekeeping Supervisor will supervise the provision of housekeeping services at Royal Columbian Hospital at New Westminster, BC
1. To contribute to the development of departmental philosophy, objectives, policies and procedures.
a) To adhere to hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
b) To appraise them, report their effectiveness and make recommendations to the Housekeeping Manager.
c) To understand and respect the responsibilities of associates in the Hospital and to support them wherever possible in the achievement of their objectives.
2. To supervise the Housekeeping staff on all shifts in the performance of their work schedules to ensure adherence to established departmental cleaning and infection
3. To assist with the establishment of housekeeping standards and to develop work schedules for all areas of the Hospital.
4. To conduct the orientation of new departmental staff and to familiarize them with their position responsibilities.
5. To provide training programs and to demonstrate new equipment and cleaning methods to all departmental staff.
6. To maintain the departmental Quality Assurance program.
7. To assist with the evaluation of cleaning products and equipment and to make recommendations for purchase and for proper use of the same to the Housekeeping Manager.
8. To plan and carry out special cleaning duties on a regular scheduled basis.
9. To assist in staff selection, disciplinary action and termination of departmental staff in consultation with the Housekeeping Manager.
10. To conduct performance appraisals of assigned departmental staff in consultation with Housekeeping Manager.
11. To ensure that staffing patterns are maintained which are in accordance with the functional needs of the Hospital.
12. To establish and continually appraise requirements for staff, physical facilities, equipment and supplies to consistently achieve the most cost efficient utilization.
13. To keep the Housekeeping Manager informed of all relevant factors pertaining to Housekeeping, cost and utilization of equipment, materials and staff.
14. To develop and maintain effective working relationships with housekeeping staff and other hospital employees and to keep them informed of any changes or developments which may affect them.
15. To assist with the development and maintenance of a departmental orientation program and on-going educational programs for Housekeeping staff members.
16. To ensure a healthy and safe work environment in accordance with the Occupational Health and Safety guidelines.
17. To ensure that confidentiality is maintained.
Perform all other duties as required by the Housekeeping Manager.
Please note all candidates considered for hire will be required to successfully pass a criminal background check. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request.