Aramark Remote Workplace Services looking for Janitors/Cleaning staff.
Starting Wage: $15.50 per hour.
Potential to earn Overtime Pay every week.
Travel allowance provided for transport from nearest home city to worksite.
Free, private accomodations and all meals are provided to all staff in camp.
The work schedule is 2 weeks of in-camp work (10 hours per day) and 2 weeks out of camp, back at your home/residence.
This is a physically demanding job, and a valid driver's license is required.
- Accountable and responsible for maintaining a culture focused on having Safety as a value
- Meet daily with the Head Camp Attendant to discuss daily work and cleaning assignments
- Thoroughly clean and maintain all areas of the facilities, including but not limited to: floors, front entrances, hallways, washrooms, recreation rooms, office complexes, boot rooms and utility rooms
- Ensure guests/clients at site receive superior customer service
- Keep inventory of cleaning and water chemical supplies and advise Head Camp Attendant of supplies needed
- Receive and distribute cleaning supplies to bunk houses and offices
- Ensure all chemicals and cleaners are safely stored in proper storage containers and areas by complying with WHMIS and HSE guidelines
- Empty and disinfect all garbage cans, this includes take the garbage out to the appropriate location
- Keep entrance, boardwalks, and all other areas clean, clear of snow, and hazards
- Shall attend all safety meetings and participate in Client and/or Aramark Emergency Response Procedures
- Additional duties may be assigned
Physical Demands Requirements: (Must be able to)
- Stand and squat for long periods of time with scheduled breaks
- Short and long distance walking required. Ability to work and navigate safely in close quarters
- Use of step stools and stairs
- Use force when push/pulling carts that weigh an average of 22.5 kg
- Frequently reach below waist, waist to shoulder and above shoulder with frequent neck/back/torso twisting from left to right without restriction, reaching horizontally usually less than 50cm but on occasion can exceed 50cm
- Perform repetitive movements at the wrist including side to side/up or down and multiple grasps of an average 5kg with a maximum of 10kg. Simple, power and fine finger manipulation for duration of scheduled shift
Working Conditions and Environment:
- Ability to hear and understand verbal instruction as well as other sounds such as safety alarms
- Ability to communicate effectively; written and orally in English
- Must be able to see without impairment for inspection purposes and ability to read small text such as product warning labels
- Mainly indoor work required however some outdoor work on occasion
- Ability to work and navigate safely in close quarters and congested areas
- Ability to balance and maintain stability on slippery surfaces
- Ability to work split shifts within a rotational schedule
- May be exposed periodically to elevated noise levels and surroundings