At Aramark Canada, our people are important to us. Our 14,000+ team members coast to coast; deliver experiences that enrich and nourish thousands of lives every day through innovative services in food, facilities and uniforms. To show our employees how much we appreciate their efforts, we do everything we can to make sure they feel included, supported and encouraged. Aramark Canada proudly partners with world class post-secondary institutions, world renowned hospitals, major league sports venues and leading global businesses. As part of a global team that spans 19 countries and has over 200,000 team members; we strive to achieve a safe, diverse and inclusive workforce that our employees can be proud of.
Learn more at www.aramark.ca
Sunshine Village is a world-class ski resort that is known for their abundance of natural snow, high speed chairlifts, 4 star causal and business dining services and stunning views of the Canadian Rocky Mountains. Aramark has been a proud partner of Sunshine Village for the past 20 years operating the Food & Beverage services to create experiences that enrich and nourish lives.
Aramark Canada is recruiting for a General Manager position to lead the Sunshine Village F&B Operations. Get a step closer to working with a team of dedicated operational professionals who aspire to create experiences that will engage and inspire visitors in a mountain lodge atmosphere.
General Manager leads all phases of Food & Beverage/Retail operations, staffing, planning, and customer satisfaction for the location. This position oversees a team of professionals who oversee day to day food and retail operations at Sunshine Village. Ideal candidates will have strong background in retail and food management experience. The ability to manage in a diverse environment with focus on client and customer services; entrepreneurship and building and growing a strong business is essential for success in this role.
• Monitor and manage all operational functions including budgets, forecasts, expenses and supplies.
• Develop, implement, support and monitor programs and training to insure productivity standards, safety and environmental standards, company policies and procedures are met.
• Ensure that systems and procedures for the ordering, receiving, storing, preparing and serving of food and related products, as well as menu planning and development are in accordance with Aramark Operational Excellence platforms.
• Responsible for period inventory; performs other functions such as maintaining records to comply with Aramark, government and accrediting agency standards.
• Responsible for alcohol service compliance at the location.
• Ensure that all required employees are TIPS and Servsafe trained and certified.
•Responsible for daily interaction with the client and client's customers and/or employees. Ensure that all efforts are focused upon exceeding each and every guest’s expectations.
• Observe guest reactions and confer frequently with staff to determine guest satisfaction.
• Resolve guest concerns, including, but not limited to, Voice of the Customer comments and letters.
• Approve all requisitions for supplies, equipment and personnel for the location.
• Develop and implement hiring and training programs to ensure all positions are adequately staffed with trained personnel.
• Plan and conduct staff meetings. Confer regularly with staff to coordinate activities, assign and check work, resolve problems, etc.
• Lead areas of recruiting, hiring, coaching, discipline, promotions and evaluations of personnel.
• Recognize outstanding employees and assist in providing incentives for improvements in standards and sales.
• Monitor the physical condition of all facilities and equipment in all areas to ensure that required maintenance is performed
Need to attend SSV manager and Executive meeting
Handle HR issue that arise
Work directly with Executive chef
• Able to work flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.
Oversee the condition of the grounds and all public areas.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or other related field and 5-7 years of food service management experience or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
• Ability to manage and analyze a variety of problems including technical and guest service issues is essential.
• Superior organizational, time management and communication skills required.
• Outstanding leadership skills and the ability to multi-task.
• Very good problem resolution techniques.
• Solid financial skills and accountability.
• Must be computer literate with working knowledge of hospitality systems; Micros systems highly preferred. Proficient computer skills including MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook.
• Must be familiar with a variety of Food & Beverage & Retail concepts, practices and procedures.
• Must be willing to work long hours, rotational shifts, weekends, holidays and have rotational days off.
• P&L accountability and/or contract-managed service experience is required.
• Ability to manage and maintain inventory/cost controls is required.
• Ability to deal effectively with customers and other Company personnel. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers, guests or employees.
• Very good knowledge of relevant health and safety regulations and procedures.
• Ability to interpret and apply safety rules, operating, maintenance and procedure manuals.
Please note all candidates considered for hire will be required to successfully clear a criminal background check as a minimum requirement before commencing employment. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request.