Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, state-of-the-art healthcare providers, the world’s leading educational institutions, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 270,000 team members deliver experiences that enrich and nourish millions of lives every day through innovative services in food, facilities management and uniforms. We operate our business with social responsibility, focusing on initiatives that support our diverse workforce, advance consumer health and wellness, protect our environment, and strengthen our communities. Aramark is recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE, as well as an employer of choice by the Human Rights Campaign and DiversityInc. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Aramark Canada is looking for Assistant General Manager for a Remote Camp site, preferably with experience in the areas of Food Services, Housekeeping Services and Laundry Services.
This is a remote based account in New Mexico, U.S. and will follow a 2 week in – 2 week out rotation while reporting into the General Manager.
The Assistant General Manager is responsible for the food and facilities contract at the site and its financial accountability, and compliance with the standards established by Aramark, regulatory agencies and client. The AGM leads departments of all services managed. Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with other departments to provide a unified experience for clients, visitors, and employees. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• This position plans, administers and directs all unit activities related to food and facilities service, including Aramark and client financial accountability, and compliance with the standards established by Aramark, regulatory agencies and client, to provide optimal managed services and drive customer satisfaction.
• Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with other departments to provide a unified food service experience for visitors and employees.
• Ensures compliance to food safety, sanitation, and overall workplace safety standards.
• Interacts with Client Management and maintains effective client and customer relations at all levels of client organization. Identifies Aramark service expansion opportunities.
• Provides overall direction and manages performance for all Food Service and front line employees, ensuring employee development, engagement and compliance with human resource related policies and standards.
• Directs, staffs, and trains food service, front desk and housekeeping departments regarding food presentation, housekeeping, quality, cost control, and cash handling.
• Develops operational component forecasts and is able to explain variances. Responsible for component's accounting functions.
• Ensures compliance with all contract obligations.
• Bachelor's Degree or Diploma in Hotel Management would be an asset.
• Requires a minimum of 6+year’s progressive experience managing site operations with financial and operational responsibility for the sites / departments.
• Ability to communicate (both verbal and written) effectively with clients, customers of the client, and support staff.
• Ability to write business letters, summaries and reports, using prescribed format and conform to all rules of punctuation, grammar, diction and style.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistics.
• P&L accountability and/or contract-managed service experience is desirable.
• Requires management and leadership skills and the ability to work with confidential employee, client, and Aramark information.
• Position requires qualified applicant to have the ability to work through a rotation 2 week in-2 week out schedule, with some flexibility per requirement of business needs. Qualified applicants would undergo a background check process to meet the U.S standards and be eligible for clearance to work in the U.S. under an Inter-Company Transfer Visa.
Please note all candidates considered for hire will be required to successfully clear a criminal background check as a minimum requirement before commencing employment. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request.