Welcome to Rogers Place.
The Concessions Director will be accountable for the delivery of the highest levels of customer and food & beverage service across the location. Ensuring that the account meets and exceeds its sales targets by delivering great customer service. The Concessions director will meet annual budget requirements through a high level of execution of company delivered programs and personal accountability.
This Concessions Director will oversee and effectively manage all aspects of concessions operations and Warehouse operations at Rogers Place including event planning, scheduling, food preparation and production, cash control, alcohol service standards and compliance, employee training and development, etc. This position will also control all operational expenditures to obtain maximum utilization of the account resources. You will be responsible for managing the entire concessions operation.
- Responsible for the concessions operation for Rogers Arena.
- Must be able to implement initiatives based on GM, client and local venue goals.
- Responsible for managing all aspects of the concessions and vending operations including; recruiting, training, cost analysis, menu development, sales, purchasing, cost of goods, guest satisfaction, accounting, loss prevention and maintaining the highest standards of quality for all employees, volunteers, products and services.
- Manage the development of menus, training programs, quality control standards, merchandising standards, consumer relations and other hospitality programs. Ensure policies and procedures are in place and are being followed.
- Ensure all fixed assets are in good working condition, oversee preventative maintenance of assets and equipment logs and cleaning schedules are completed as necessary.
- Coordinate needs with other departments including the warehouse, culinary and accounting departments.
- Responsible for ensuring concession managers have all necessary equipment, supplies and products at each point of sale.
- Ensure there is an accurate review of all cash and product reporting which includes soda, beer, cups logs and yields.
- Maintain all budgeted goals for cost of goods, payroll and operating expenses for mid-month and month-end accounting.
- Any other task as assigned by the GM.
- Ability to communicate with employees, co-workers, volunteers, management staff and guests in a clear, professional and courteous manner which fosters a positive, enthusiastic and cooperative work environment.
• Ability to make sound business/operations decisions (i.e. regarding employee placement, staffing adjustments, and/or respond to technical, product or equipment challenges during an event) quickly and under pressure.
• Ability to speak, read, and write in English.
• Solid working knowledge of computer applications: Microsoft office, POS systems, timekeeping system.
• Ability to work well in a team-oriented, fast-paced, event-driven environment.
• Possess a thorough working knowledge of all existing concessions locations: geographical location, equipment, evacuation procedures, adjacent employee and guest areas, and facility access.
• Possess valid Food Handlers certificate and Alcohol Service Permit if required by state or local government.
• Possess thorough working knowledge of all applicable sanitation requirements, food preparation guidelines, alcohol service policies, safety standards, etc. pertaining to Ovations and venue concession operations.
• Ability to calculate basic math functions (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages) as they relate to POS cash/credit transactions, cash reconciliation and product inventory.
• Ability to handle cash accurately and responsibly.
• Ability to consistently adhere to the highest standards of integrity, professionalism, ethics and confidentiality