Aramark Canadas' HR Team is looking for an energetic and driven HR professional who thrives in a fast-paced work environment. As a day-to-day partner with the business, the field HR Manager works with District Managers and their teams, providing HR leadership, expertise and support in the areas of engagement, employee and labour relations, talent management, recruitment, performance management, leadership development, and HR policy administration and compliance.
Recruiting, Selection and Retention
- Support recruitment and retention of hourly associates
- Partner with corporate Talent Acquisition for the recruitment of salaried and management associates
- Ensure reference checks and exit interviews are completed
- Analyze exit interview trends and develop action plans
- Ensure new hire documentation is received, entered in the HCMS and updated as required
- On board, orient all new and returning associates
- Ensure associates receive proper training appropriate for their position eg. Health and Safety, WHMIS, HCMS, Cash Handling
Employee and Union Relations
- Ensure compliance with all applicable Federal and Provincial Employment legislation
- Ensure collective agreement terms and conditions are followed and provide guidance to managers on interpretation of collective agreement
- Provide information and assistance in collective agreement negotiations
- Provide counsel on progressive discipline and performance management issues
- Conduct Investigations (Hotline, Human Rights, BCP Violations, associate complaints/issues), develop and implement recommendations
- Implement, communicate and ensure compliance to all company and client policies and procedures
Health and Safety
- Ensure operations managers and supervisors adhere to all OH&S programs, policies and practices and provide adequate training to all associates
- Ensure all required Joint Health and Safety Committee activities are conducted e.g. committee meetings, accident investigations, etc
- Provide advice on claims management and return to work for occupational and non-occupational injuries and illnesses
- Participate in succession planning and staffing
- Provide direction to management in the annual performance appraisal process
- Assist in salary review process for all non-union and union hourly and salaried associates
- Provide leadership and facilitate activities that will build and enhance employee engagement and retention
- Assist the Office Manager with Payroll Procedures/Vacation Accrual
- Ideal candidates will possess a Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or equivalent.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a Human Resource Generalist role
- Experience in Food Service Operations is an asset
- Human Resource experience must include employee/labour relations and recruiting
- Strong integrity with ability to maintain confidentiality and manage highly sensitive information
- Professionalism and diplomacy with all levels of the organization.
- Presentation skills for general orientation and training
- Strong analytic skills and problem-solving ability
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Multi-tasking with the ability to remain calm during high volume periods
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications is desired.
- Travel is a required part of your role, anywhere from 2-3 times every week: situational and dependent on business account.
Please note all candidates considered for hire will be required to successfully pass a criminal background check. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request.