We are currently seeking an Executive Chef for our operations in the Hamilton/Halton Region.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Executive Chef is responsible for developing and executing culinary solutions to meet customer and client needs. and manage culinary operations to meet production, presentation, and service standards. Apply culinary techniques to food preparation and manages the final presentation and service of food ensuring compliance with the standards established by Aramark, regulatory agencies and client. Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with other departments to provide a unified food service experience for residents, visitors and employees.
Core Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Confirm culinary production appropriately connects to the Executional Framework. Ensure proper culinary standards and techniques are in place for preparation of food items, including production, presentation and service standards. Oversee culinary team to ensure quality in final presentation of food. Train and manage culinary and kitchen employees to use best practice food production techniques. Coach employees by creating a shared understanding about what needs to be achieved and how to execute. Reward and recognize employees. Plan and execute team meetings and daily huddles. Complete and maintain all staff records including training records, shift opening/closing checklists and performance data.
- Develop and maintain effective client and customer rapport for mutually beneficial business relationships. Aggregate and communicate regional culinary and ingredient trends.
- Drives resident and customer satisfaction, and maintains client relationships.
- Responsible for delivering food and labor targets. Understand performance metrics, data, order and inventory trends; consistent focus on margin improvement.
- Delivers strong operational performance by executing against Aramark and regulatory agency standards and programs, continually monitoring operations, and completing assessments and necessary action plans to provide optimal food quality and meal service.
- Responsible for managing process of purchasing, receiving, and managing food production activities in compliance with Aramark food production systems.
- Manages and controls resources and materials to ensure quality, adequacy of supply and cost control within budgetary guidelines, and responsible for menu planning, pre-costing and post-costing.
- Ensure efficient execution and delivery of all food line products to align with the daily menu. Maintain integrity of the standard Aramark food offer; responsible for maintaining food quality of items at all times. Comply with Operational Excellence fundamentals: managing waste, standard menus, recipes and ingredients through utilizing customer driven menus and labor standards. Understand end-to-end supply chain and procurement process and systems to ensure only authorized suppliers are used. Full knowledge and implementation of the Aramark Food Framework. Confirm accuracy of forecasted food consumption for appropriate requisitions and/or food purchase. Oversee proper equipment operation and maintenance.
- Ensure compliance with Aramark food, occupational and environmental safety polices in all culinary and kitchen operations. Comply with all applicable policies, rules and regulations, including but not limited to those relating to safety, health, etc.
Additional Position Duties/Responsibilities:
- Multi-tasking, as well as the ability to simplify the agenda for the team is a must.