We are currently seeking a Senior Manager, Facilities and Maintenance for the Aramark Operations at the Shaw Centre in Ottawa, Ontario. Shaw Centre has been consistently recognized as one of the World’s Best Convention Centres internationally, with the building receiving a LEED gold certified status. In recent years, major development has tripled its hosting capacity providing nearly 200,000 sq feet of space that appeals to national and international conventions and trade shows.
As the Senior Manager, Facilities and Maintenance, you will plan, control and direct all building related maintenance, cleaning and oversee event-driven facilities requirements such as temporary power, fire code regulations, trade and consumer show approvals and client relations. You will also be responsible for meeting operating and financial goals, meet client objectives and ensure customers’ needs are fulfilled with accuracy and timeliness from the facilities team.
The Senior Manager, Facilities and Maintenances achieves an efficiently-run component operation by:
- Maintaining an effective relationship with client and demonstrating knowledge of contents of current Aramark/client contract. Participates in client negotiations
- Oversees all engineering, housekeeping, uniform & linen, and receiving departments including training, new employee orientation, and leadership programs for supervisor positions.
- Coordinates work activities between room cleaning, public area cleaning, and event readiness.
- Establishing and maintaining a proactive human resource function to ensure employee motivation, training and development, wage/benefit administration and compliance with established labor regulations.
- Overseeing budget, including labor costs, supply costs, inventories, etc.
- Orders, maintains and makes efficient use of capital equipment.
- Monitors and analyzes daily, weekly and monthly financial and operating reports.
- Formulating an action plan to correct deviations to business plan and budget.
- Maintaining product and service quality standards by conducting ongoing evaluations and investigating complaints. Initiates corrective action.
- Maintaining established systems and training programs to provide a safe working environment. Complies with all regulations.
- Maintaining compliance with Aramark’s standards of operation, client contract and within Aramark’s Business Conduct Policy. Maintains all records and reports necessary to comply with Aramark, government and accrediting agency standards, regulations and codes.
- Hires, supervises, and trains all personnel required for the operation of all Engineering department entities and functions.
- Oversees schedules for staff, monitors hours, and prepares reports for payroll processing.
- Monitors utility usage and purchase to ensure maximum savings.
- Review event documents for engineering/operational issues. Recommend solutions to identified issues.
- Coordinates all activities to ensure guest comfort in complex relating to HVAC. Monitors/records chilled water/hot water usage by client for billing purposes.
- Monitors repair activity to minimize downtime and inconvenience to facility event activity and tenants.
- Ensures all equipment is maintained according to factory specifications and maintains accurate records to that fact.
- Monitor, enhance, recommend, and implement formal preventative maintenance programs for all facility mechanical systems and appropriate equipment.
- Assist in overseeing activities of construction projects, vendors, and subcontractors.
- Maintenance of annual permit requirements (i.e. - elevator, backflow inspection, life safety to include all alarms, etc).
- Assist in the development of a formal energy conservation plan that includes lighting upgrades, new technology enhancements, and tighter enforcement of established energy management directives.
- Monitor and administer department policy and procedure requirements and maintain sub-department rules of conduct.
- Utilizes and understands the event building management system (EBMS) to accurately staff and prepare for all services including coordination with other departments for complicated “turns” or re-sets.
- Ensures that each guest receives excellent customer service